- Uniquely customizable & adaptable to most situations – even a Community Emergency “MESH” Network.
- Takes advantage of an incoming “Foreign Wifi” internet signal feed & securely mates it with an (awaiting) small sized computing network consisting of up to 12 internet needy devices.
- Employing the “Optional Dual WAN Router” will further reduce internet network outages to almost “Zero” incidences through providing a 1 to 3 second cut-over rate after an outage detection.
- Save even more, by not requiring another physical installation of a second (Wired/ Cellular) internet service feed.
Rental Service charges:
Temporary Installations -> $ 10. (CAN)/ Day
Permanent Installations -> $ 100./ Month
Setup fee -> $ 145.* applies to Temporary/Permanent.
(GST included in pricing – minimum 3 days)
*Optional hardware fees can apply, plus Travel & Lodging fees may also apply regarding “Installation & Removal” for site/s located outside of the Medicine Hat area.
Clients using certain incoming “Open/ Hotspot Wifi” feeds can typically also enjoy UNLIMITED data usage (Uploads/ Downloads).
- Designed for “Mission Critical” devices only.
- Total number of devices handled is determined by their individual internet demands. Currently our design has proven to support up to a 12 device configuration (1-Server, 8-Workstations, 2-POS Workstations & 1-Pinpad).
- Primarily intended as a “BACKUP Internet Service”. As soon as the “Primary (Main) Internet Service” returns to normal operation the “Secondary (Backup) Internet Service” becomes a “Standby Internet Service”.
ANY incoming “Foreign Wifi” internet signal feed can be used.
- “Open/ Hotspot” or “Secured Wifi” – Hotels, Restaurants, Cafe’s, etc.. with a signal strength of 60% or more.
Note: Many “Open/ Hotspot Wifi” internet signal feeds have tested @ 5 Mbps download/1.4 Mbps upload.
Secure Direct Transfer Pipe – provides complete network isolation, “No-one see’s in & you can’t see out (meaning into the Foreign Wifi’s network)”. YOU just make use of their Wifi internet signal feed.
24x7x365 Remote Monitoring of incoming Wifi &/or LAN Network – incoming Wifi signal feed is monitored on daily basis without any internet/ network intrusion/ interruption to your network.
Optional Enhanced Remote Monitoring – is also available for permanent installations only. Provides email notifications (1 minute or less intervals) after any internet disturbance/change.
Flexible Robust Hardware platforms > very capable of handling future growth; such as more SPEED/Redundancy – Dependent upon site needs/location & installed with very little or no internet/ network interruption.
Optional AC Power Backup via a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Source) – sustains backup feed operation during blackouts for a prolonged period of time. Also helps thwarting “Thieves” when the site’s “Communication/ Power” feeds are “Cut/ Turned-off”. Backup internet feed will still be available for the Security System to access & send an alert.
“NO Human Intervention” – found in “Permanent” installations only.
- Upon “Return of Power”, backup internet is automatically made available & all you’d do is connect to it – or the “Optional Dual Wan Router” can do that connecting automatically for you.
“Human Intervention” required – found in “Temporary” installations.
- Upon “Return of Power”, Power Button &/or a key needs to be first pressed – then backup internet is established.
“Stand-alone” > NO ISP Data Transport policy involvement.
- “BACKUP” feed only – involves an incoming “OPEN/ Hotspot Wifi” internet feed and a wired internet feed at the location.
- “ONLY” feed – NO wired internet feed involvement. Only uses incoming “OPEN/ Hotspot Wifi” internet feed as the only internet feed for the location.
“Mixed” > Can involve a wired internet feed. Possible ISP Data Transport policy involvement.
- Using 2 different “Secured/ Open Wifi” internet feeds at the location.
“Neighbor-Helping-Neighbor” > Only “Secured Wifi” internet feeds involved (subject to individual’s ISP Data Transport policies).
- Each “Neighbor” supports the other as a backup feed.
- Each can be up to 100 ft/30 m apart, or using our Optional hardware the neighbors can be up to 1.5 miles/2.5 kms apart (but must be in “Line-of-Sight” of each other).
Note: Configurations are entirely dependent upon your location needs, availabilities & adherence’s to the ISP Data Transport policies.
So before your PC Blows-up > Speed it up, Protect it & Preserve it!
Call: (403) 878-9996 (Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada)
All About Backup Inc. (2006)
Brian Kuntz A+ Cert., Computer Engineering Technologist (’79)
Striving to provide Global ‘Reliable, Sustainable & Secure Computing’